Monday, April 30, 2012

More Hunger Pains...

This is just giving a nod to some more Hunger Games hype that's been popping up the last week or so. If you haven't read my post on the Hunger Pains I've been experiencing, I suggest reading it here so you can feel my unbiased (not) take on Suzanne Collins' novels.

Anyways-- why do people say that? It's not plural, for crying out loud. We don't say "so's" instead of "so", or "whatevers" in place of "whatever". And why do we say "thanks"as in, you have my thanks? Aren't we supposed to say "thank you"? So shouldn't we say "thank" instead of "thanks" if we really do need to shorten it?

Sorry, little rant here.

Anyway (see? It's not plural), Foxtrot ran this comic in April 22nd's newspaper. I thought it aptly grasped what our female teenage society now thinks-- we ALL can be Katniss Everdeen.


And I'm not sure I like what the Hunger Games is doing to my friends at school... ha, ha.

My friends (not the Hunger Games-crazed ones-- okay, they're a little crazed, but not excessively) showed me this video. I laughed so hard, and now I'm asking for a "I'll Bake You Pies" tee-shirt for my birthday. [It's only $19 if you feel like getting me one. :)]


Have you been hit with any Hunger Pains recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!