Monday, October 10, 2011

Book Review: The Mysterious Benedict Society


TITLE: The Mysterious Benedict Society
AUTHOR: Trenton Lee Stewart
READING LEVEL: 9-12
PAGES: 512
SYNOPSIS: "'Are you a gifted child looking for special opportunities?' When this peculiar ad appears in the newspaper, dozens of children enroll to take a series of mysterious mind-bending tests. But in the end just four very special children will succeed. Their challenge: to go on a secret mission that only the most resourceful children could complete. With their newfound friendship at stake, will they be able to pass the most important test of all?"

Okay, I admit that at first I had a bit of trepidation at reading this, giving the not-interesting-to-me title and LENGTH. But once I got started, I couldn't put it down! It has a plot that draws you right in, well-rounded characters, and suspense till the end. I've already finished the 2nd book in the series, The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey, and I'm anxiously awaiting the 3rd! I highly recommend this book, if you have the time to finish it.

My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!