Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy (late) Valentine's Day!!

Ahh, the day of love... How did you celebrate your V day? I went to a Valentine's party... lots of fun. And I have taken it upon myself to share some of the activities that we played.
The first, we were given a paper heart with the beginning of the poem "Roses are read, violets are blue..." and asked to complete it. Mine:
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'm not a poet,
So don't expect this to rhyme.
Here's a few others:
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Your parents are dead
And never loved you. (We advised this author to drop the dark poetry or he'd never get a wife.)
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Darth Vader's your father
But I still love you.
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
This poem is stupid
Because it's not true.
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Will you marry me?
(Yup. All the girls went, "Awwwww!")

Share some of your favorite V-day poems. And catch phrases: some of my favs were "If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put U and I together. (Mostly because everything would be easier if the vowels were in closer proximity to each other.)"
"You've stolen my heart. Literally. Blood... loss... [passes out]"
"Is that Cupid in your pocket? Or do you just have really weirdly-shaped pants?" (This one doesn't make sense, but I think it's funny.)
"Which of these 3 things should you NOT give a girl on Valentine's Day? 1. chocolates, 2. flowers, 3. tickets to a monster truck rally. (Hint: it's number three.)"
"My life without you is like a broken pencil... pointless."
"Hey, a date with me is at least better than eating those weirdly chalky heart things."

:)

Happy V day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!